Cash benefits paid directly to you, not your doctor or hospital.
Accidents happen and the Accident Companion plan can help you financially when they do. The plan offers four budget-friendly benefit level options. When you receive treatment for an accidental injury, the plan pays lump-sum cash benefits directly to you. The money can be used to pay unexpected medical costs or everyday living expenses.
Applying is simple and can be completed in minutes.
Accident Companion at a Glance
Pays lump-sum cash benefits for
accidental injuries even if benefits
are also paid under Workers
Compensation1, up to:
• $10,000 lump-sum cash benefit for
accidental injuries that result in a
• $1,000 lump-sum cash benefit per
injury for emergency treatement
recieved in an ER or urgent care facility
• $1,000 lump-sum cash benefit for
major diagnostic exam (one exam per
• $200 lump-sum cash benefit per visit
for follow-up treatment or physical
therapy (up to five visits per Policy year)
Affordable premiums that do not
increase as you get older with coverage
starting at $7.00 per month.
Did You Know?
1 in 8 people seeks
from an injury each year.
Benefits are not coordinated with Workers’ Compensation. Exclusions & Limitations and Policy provisions may apply. For a complete listing of benefits, exclusions and limitations, please refer to your Policy. | 2 For coverage Option 1. See chart on next page for full list of coverage option levels. | 3 National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2014
The chart above is only an illustration of benefit and premium options per covered person.
1.Hospital confinement must begin within 30 days of the accidental injury | 2.Treatment in Emergency Room or Urgent Care Facility | 3.Benefits following Emergency Room or Urgent
Care treatment and therapy provided within 30 days of initial onset. Follow-up treatment and physical therapy received on the same day will only receive one benefit.
Notice to Our Customers About Supplemental Insurance
• The supplemental plan discussed in this document is separate from any health insurance coverage you may have purchased with another insurance company.
• This plan provides optional coverage for an additional premium. It is intended to supplement your health insurance and provide additional protection.
• This plan is not required in order to purchase health insurance with another insurance company.
• This plan should not be used as a substitute for comprehensive health insurance coverage. It is not considered Minimum Essential Coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
Other Important Information
Definitions (See Policy for Other Important Definitions):
• Accidental Injury means sudden, non-recurrent, traumatic, accidental and unanticipated damage to the body, not of gradual onset requiring immediate medical attention, and not contributed to, directly or indirectly, by a sickness. The accidental injury must first occur after the insured person’s coverage has become effective and while the coverage is in force under the Policy.
• First Occur, First Occurred or First Occurrence means an accidental injury for which diagnosis, treatment, surgery or advice by a physician, or manifested symptoms, initially occurred while the Policy is in force for the insured person and for the first time in the insured person’s lifetime.
• Hospital means an institution operated pursuant to its license for the care and treatment of sick and injured persons for which a charge is made that the insured person is legally obligated to pay. The institution must maintain on its premises organized facilities for medical, diagnostic and surgical care for sick and injured persons on an inpatient basis; maintain a staff of one or more duly licensed physicians; provide 24 hour nursing care by or under the supervision of a registered graduate professional nurse (R.N.); and is accredited as a hospital by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
• Policy Year means each consecutive 12 month period beginning with your effective date of coverage.
• Urgent Care Center means a free-standing facility, center or other entity that operates primarily to provide specialty medical treatment of an unforeseen, unexpected accidental injury on an urgently needed or prompt basis.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
We will not provide any benefits for loss caused by, resulting from, or in connection with:
Sickness, including but not limited to pregnancy and childbirth | Any care not medically necessary (except as specifically provided in the Policy) or benefits which are not specifically provided for in the Policy | Hospital Confinement for childbirth, including routine or normal newborn child care | Accidental Injuries that do not first occur while the Policy is in force
for the insured person | Any act of war, declared or undeclared | Active military duty in the service of any country | Participation in a riot, civil commotion or insurrection | Suicide,
attempted suicide, or any intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane | Mental or Nervous disorders | Having cosmetic surgery or other elective procedures that are not
medically necessary | Operating any motorized passenger vehicle for wage, compensation or profit | Drug abuse or addiction including alcoholism, or overdose of drugs, narcotics,
or hallucinogens, directly or indirectly, unless taken as prescribed by a physician | An overdose of drugs, being intoxicated or under the influence of intoxicants, hallucinogens, narcotics or other drugs, directly or indirectly, unless taken as prescribed by a physician | Directly or indirectly engaging in an illegal occupation or illegal activity or your being incarcerated | Committing or trying to commit a felony | Mountaineering using ropes and/or other equipment, parachuting, hang gliding, racing any type of vehicle in an organized or unorganized event, sky diving, scuba diving below 130 feet, motorized racing, para-sailing, experimental aviation, ultra-light flying, base jumping, bungee jumping, heli-skiing or heli-snowboarding and | Travel in or descent from any vehicle or device for aerial navigation, except as a fare paying passenger in an aircraft operated by a commercial airline (other than a charter airline) certified by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), on a regularly scheduled passenger trip.
Other Important Information (continued)
COVERAGE BEGINS: Once Chesapeake has approved your application and you have paid your premium, coverage will begin on the Policy date shown in the Policy schedule.
• RENEWABILITY: Your Policy is conditionally renewable to age 65, subject to Chesapeake’s right to discontinue or terminate the coverage as provided in the Termination of Coverage section of the Policy.
• PREMIUM CHANGES: Chesapeake reserves the right to change the table of premiums, on a class basis, becoming due under the Policy at any time and from time to time; provided, Chesapeake has given you written notice of at least 45 days prior to the effective date of the new rates.
• TERMINATION OF COVERAGE: Your coverage will terminate and no benefits will be payable under the Policy: At the end of the month for which premium has been paid | On the date of our receipt of your request for termination or on th date specified in the termination request | On the date of fraud or material misrepresentation by you | On the date we elect to discontinue this plan or type of coverage. We will give you at least 90 days notices before the date coverage will be discontinued. You will be offered an option to purchase any other coverage that we offer without regard to health status | On the date we elect to discontinue all coverage in your state. We will give you and the proper state authority at least 180 days notice before the date coverage will be discontinued | On the date an insured person is no longer a permanent resident of the United States | On the date you reach age 65 | Your dependent’s coverage will terminate at the end of the month following the date such dependent ceases to be an eligible dependent.
This brochure provides only summary information. The information contained herein is accurate at the time of publication. This plan is not intended as a replacement for accident
and sickness health insurance and should not be construed as such. For a complete listing of benefits, exclusions and limitations, please refer to your Policy. In the event of any
discrepancies contained in this brochure, the terms and conditions contained in the Policy documents shall govern. Form CH-26122-IP (01/11) FL (06/11).
SureBridge is one of the leading brands of supplemental insurance coverage in the United States, helping to provide financial security for Americans of all ages and their families. Our comprehensive portfolio of products is available from licensed insurance agents in 46 states and the District of Columbia and is available through HealthMarkets Insurance Agency Inc., as well as through other unaffiliated insurance distributors. SureBridge policyholders can receive direct cash benefits for expenses caused by
unexpected medical issues, sustained illnesses, and end-of-life challenges.
The SureBridge portfolio includes dental, vision, and other insurance plans that complement an individual’s health insurance. These plans help provide an additional layer of protection in the event of accidental injury, catastrophic illness, hospitalization, or cancer.
SureBridge® is a registered trademark used for both insurance and non-insurance products offered by subsidiaries of HealthMarkets, Inc. Supplemental and life insurance products are underwritten by The Chesapeake Life Insurance Company®. Administrative offices are located in North Richland Hills, TX. Products are marketed through independent agents/producers. Insurance product availability may vary by state.
I am James Sparkman. I am the founder and CEO of TermLife Mutual. I am afamily-oriented person. My wife and I have been married for over 20 years! We have 5 children. We have 2 set of twins and 1 middle child. Since joining the financial services industry in 2004, I have made it my focus to help individuals, families and business owners save money on life insurance costs, reduce taxes, protect assets, build wealth and eliminate debt. While I try to help everyone that I can, I particularly enjoy working with those that seek to enjoy the journey of life.
TermLife Mutual is a life insurance agency that primarily provides individuals, families, and business owners with Term Life insurance. While TermLife Mutual’s flagship product is Term Life insurance, we do have other insurance products and services. Our goals are to help insure America with quality life insurance.
We work with multiple life insurance companies however our primary partner is Haven Life who are wholly owned by MassMutual Life insurance company. MassMutual is an A+ rated life insurance company that has been around for over 160 years.
Most of life insurance industry is still catching up with the times of internet and technology. Most life insurance is still sold thru a life insurance agent. At TermLife Mutual, we have partnered up with one of most up-to-date technology to allow our clients to purchase life insurance without the need for agent nor medical exams (no needles). This is our strong point that separates us from most life insurance agencies. We have platform that you can complete a quick application in less than 10 minutes without the need for agent. Our partners at
has the technology and secure site for quotes and applications for our products and services. Amazingly this technology was developed by Levinson and Associates, who are leading the way in advancing life insurance products. Once you decide on the amount of your term life insurance, you can simply click for quote, scroll down until you see the LIFE icon, receive quote and then move forward with a simple application. We welcome you to the family of TermLife Mutual!